How to Apply For Indefinite Leave to Remain After 5 Years

If you’ve been living in the UK for at least 5 years, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain. During the five-year period, you must have spent less than 180 days outside the UK and have been living in the UK continuously. You can also apply for indefinite leave if you’re in certain categories of immigration. Among these categories are: Spouse, Civil Partner and Unmarried Partner. A new Scale-up Visa will open on 22 August 2022.

Before applying for indefinite leave to remain, you must submit certain documents. Usually, you need to submit medical certificates, birth certificates, and a letter explaining why you’ve been living in the UK. In some cases, you will need to attend an interview. If you have a spouse or children over the age of six, you’ll need to provide the same documentation as for a single applicant.

The Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) process is similar to applying for a British passport. The process of obtaining ILTR can take five years, but the duration of time needed to qualify will depend on your circumstances. Once you’ve been living in the UK for at least five years, you can apply for permanent residency. This will allow you to work, study, and sponsor family members.

If you think the Home Office has rejected your application unfairly, you can take legal action. The Judicial Review process is different from the other processes, but it’s a last ditch effort to reverse the Home Office’s decision. It involves challenging and questioning the Home Office’s decision and examining it for legality and validity.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button